Reviews are rolling in and ‘Tryin’ To Make You Understand’ is rising up the charts.
A few highlights:
“He’s so steeped in the Chess tradition that you can almost imagine him standing in the Chess studios with his mouth hanging open the day Leonard allegedly berated Muddy Waters into painting the ceiling right in front of Rolling Stones who just happened to drop by at that moment”
—Chris Spector, Editor & Publisher of Midwest Records. Read the complete review and others @ Midwest Records
“A very enjoyable CD. Walkin’ Cane Mark has a unique sound.”
— Greg Demoko, KZRA. MN/CO
“He is playing what he knows, writing from personal experience and putting it out there with everything he’s got… What you hear is what you get”
— Bill Wilson Reflections in Blue. More on Chicken Wilson Blog Post
“Walkin’ Cane Mark epitomizes the good times and hard times of being a bluesman, but we’d be willing to bet he wouldn’t trade it for anything”
— Sheryl & Don Crow, The Nashville Blues Society. Read More @ Don & Sheryl Blues Blog
• Walkin’ Cane Mark’s Tryin’ To Make You Understand makes “The Blues Breakfast WBGU 88.1 FM Bowling Green, OH Dec. 2015 Top 25”
• Walkin’ Cane Mark moves 35 Spots up the chart to #14 from #49 Last week on the Roots & Blues Music Report’s Top 50 Blues Album Chart for the week of Dec 21st 2015
• Walkin’ Cane Mark holds 3,4,5,7 Spots on the Roots & Blues Music Report’s Top 50 Arizona Blues Song Chart for the week of Dec 21st 2015 with #3 Tryin’ To Make You Understand, #4 Somebody’s Walking, #5 Ellada Ellada, #7 The Devils @ My Door
• Walkin’ Cane Mark’s newly released Tryin’ To Make You Understand gets a “straight ahead hard core blues” review from Blue Barry @ the Smokey Mountain Blues Society.
• Walkin’ Cane Mark makes the #1 Spot on the Living Blues Report for 91.1FM KROV, Oroville CA. December 2015 for January 2016 as submitted by Lee Edwards.
Hear it for yourself!